Just click on the links below and follow the step-by-step instructions to apply as a:
All applicants for admission to H-SC are considered for scholarship awards. No special forms are required!
Did we already receive your application? Check your application status here!
We offer several Freshman Admissions Plans:
Early Decision (Deadline November 15)
If H-SC is your first-choice school, this is a great way to apply. You'll know quickly whether or not you've been accepted and won't have to spend your senior year worrying about applying to other colleges. Early decision is binding (which means you're expected to attend H-SC if you're accepted).
Early Action (Deadline December 15 or January 15)
This is a good choice if you want to get the college application process finished early. With early action, you can still apply to other colleges. If you're accepted, it's non-binding (which means you can choose whether or not to attend H-SC if you're accepted).
Regular Admission (Deadline March 1)
This is your last chance to apply to H-SC for admission next fall. If you've been accepted, you have until May 1 to decide whether or not you wish to attend.
Early Admissions Program for Juniors Only (Deadline July 1)
Entrance Requirements & Student Profile
- Prospective students are expected to have mastered a solid college-preparatory program before entering Hampden-Sydney, including at least
- four units of English
- two units of one foreign language
- three units of mathematics (Algebra I & II and Geometry)
- two units of natural science (one of which must be a laboratory course) and
- one unit of social science
- a third unit of foreign language and a fourth unit of mathematics recommended
- SAT Reasoning Test or the ACT
- Mid 50%: SAT 1020-1220, ACT 21-27
- GPA: 3.0-3.8
Hampden-Sydney College, while exempted from Subpart C of the Title IX regulation with respect to its admission and recruitment activities, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, or veteran status in the operation of its educational programs and with respect to employment. For information on this non-discrimination policy, contact the Office of Human Resources, Box 127, Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943, (434)223-6061.