Applying online is quick and easy.
Complete the following checklist and submit with your application:
- Common Application
- College Official's Report
- Final High School Transcript
- College Transcript. Please contact the Registrar at the college you have attended to send your official transcript to:
P.O. Box 667
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943
- ACT/SAT Test Scores
- Professor Recommendation
What is my deadline?
If you are wishing to enroll for the fall semester, applications are due April 1st.
If you are wishing to enroll for the spring semester, applications are due December 1st.
Will my credits transfer?
Hampden-Sydney awards transfer credit for courses which are equivalent to those available at the College. Although it isn't possible to indicate every course from another institution that may transfer to Hampden-Sydney, the following link to common Virginia Community College System courses and their Hampden-Sydney College course equivalents gives you a basic guide to transfer credit. The Registrar at the College will also be happy to review your transcript and advise you about transfer credits and the College's requirements.
Contact Berkeley Leonard, Senior Associate Dean of Admissions, for assistance.
- All students must meet Hampden-Sydney's proficiency and distribution requirements, either as a result of their previous college work or after matriculation at Hampden-Sydney.
- Hampden-Sydney considers a course for transfer if a student earns a grade of "C" or better (a grade of "C-" or lower earns no transfer credit).
- Up to, but not exceeding, 60 credit hours may be given for course work similar to that offered by Hampden-Sydney which can include AP, International Baccalaureate, Dual Enrollment classes, and regular transfer credit.
- Dual enrollment courses are treated as transfer credit.
- Hampden-Sydney does not grant credit for distance learning or correspondence courses.
- Transfer students who expect to receive six credit hours for composition courses taken elsewhere must take and pass the Rhetoric Proficiency Examination at the beginning of their first semester of residence.