Assistant Professor of Biology
Gilmer Hall, 132
B.S., Virginia Tech, Biology
M.S., Virginia Tech-Wake Forest School of Biomedical Enginering and Sciences, Biomedical Engineering
Ph.D., Virginia Tech-Wake Forest School of Biomedical Enginering and Sciences, Biomedical Engineering
Principles of Biology with Lab
Anatomy & Physiology
Skeletal Muscle Regeneration
Biomaterials and Scaffold Creation
(* denotes undergraduate)
- Kathy Ye Morgan, Demetra Sklaviadis, Zachary L. Tochka, Kristin M. Fischer, Keith Hearon, Thomas D. Morgan, Robert Langer, Lisa E. Freed. Multi-Material Tissue Engineering Scaffold with Hierarchical Pore Architecture. Advanced Functional Materials, 2016. 26(32): p. 5873-5883.
- Kristin M. Fischer, Kathy Ye Morgan, Keith Hearon, Demetra Sklaviadis, Zachary L. Tochka, Robert Langer, Lisa E. Freed. Photocurable Microfabricated 3D Elastomeric Cardiac Tissue Engineering Scaffold. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2016. 5(7): p. 813-821.
- K.D. McKeon-Fischerª, D.P. Broweª, R.M. Olabisi, and J.W. Freeman. Poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) Nanoparticle and Poly(ε-caprolactone) Electrospun Scaffold Characterization for Skeletal Muscle Regeneration. Journal of Biomedical Materials Part A, 2015. 103(11): p. 3633-3641. ªDenotes co-first authors.
- Xiaofeng Ye, Liang Lu, Martin E. Kolewe, Keith Hearon, Kristin M. Fischer, Jonathan Coppeta, and Lisa E. Freed. Scalable Unit for Building Cardiac Tissue. Advanced Materials, 2014. 26(42): p.7202-7208.
- K.D. McKeon-Fischer, J.H. Rossmeisl, A.R. Whittington, and J.W. Freeman. In vivo skeletal muscle biocompatibility of composite, coaxial electrospun, and microfibrous scaffolds. Tissue engineering. Part A, 2014. 20(13-14): p. 1961-70.
- K.D. McKeon-Fischer, A.R. Whittington, and J.W. Freeman. The Effect of Crosslinking Time and Nanoparticle Content on Electroactive, Multi-Component Scaffolds. Journal of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Nano-biomaterials for Tissue Engineering in North America edition, 2013. 03(04): p.479-485.
- K. D. McKeon-Fischer and J.W. Freeman, Addition of Conductive Elements to Polymeric Scaffolds for Muscle Tissue Engineering. Nano LIFE, 2012. 02(03): p. 1230011.
- K.D. McKeon-Fischer, D.H. Flagg*, and J.W. Freeman, Poly(acrylic acid)/poly(vinyl alcohol) compositions coaxially electrospun with poly(epsilon-caprolactone) and multi-walled carbon nanotubes to create nanoactuating scaffolds. Polymer, 2011. 52(21): p. 4736-4743.
- K.D. McKeon-Fischer, D.H. Flagg*, and J.W. Freeman, Coaxial electrospun poly(epsilon-caprolactone), multiwalled carbon nanotubes, and polyacrylic acid/polyvinyl alcohol scaffold for skeletal muscle tissue engineering. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2011. 99A(3): p. 493-499.
- K. D. McKeon-Fischer and J.W. Freeman, Characterization of electrospun poly(L-lactide) and gold nanoparticle composite scaffolds for skeletal muscle tissue engineering. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2011. 5(7): p. 560-568.