MWF 10:30 - 11:20, T 12:30 - 1:20, Bagby 111
This course utilizes WebAssign for both the text (an eBook) and the homework. WebAssign is required for this course. You should have already received sign-up instructions for WebAssign in an email from me. If not, you can find sign-up instructions here.
- Homework/Quiz: 15%
- In-class tests: 60%
- Final exam: 25%
- Test 1: Tuesday, September 24
- Test 2: Friday, October 18
- Test 3: Tuesday, November 26
Final Exam Date
- Friday, December 13, from 2 until 5
Class attendance is mandatory. I will take attendance at the beginning of each class. If you are not in class when attendance is taken, you will be counted as absent for the entire class. Absences are handled as described in the catalog. In particular, 4 or more unexcused absences may result in your automatic withdrawal from the course.
- Online Homework: Online homework is available via the internet both on-campus and off. Therefore for excused absences (e.g. participation in a varsity sport), you are still required to complete the assignment by the due-date. The same applies for absences due to illness, unless you have a doctor’s note stating that the illness prevents you from doing your online homework.
- Tests and Quizzes: If you are going to miss a test or quiz, you must obtain permission from me beforehand in order to make up the work. If permission is granted, the make-up work must be done before the scheduled date for the assignment. In the case of illness, permission will be granted only if you have a written excuse from the Wellness Center or a doctor.
- Final Exam: All students must take the final exam on the regularly scheduled date.
The use of laptops, cell phones, and tablets during class is strictly prohibited. Each violation of this policy will result in a 1-point deduction from your final course grade.
In general, I require that you respect the learning environment. In particular:
- Be on time.
- Put your cell phone in silent mode during class.
- No cell phones, texting, or other use of the internet during class.
- No use of tablets or laptops in class.
- No food in class.
- No chewing tobacco in class.
- Integration by Substitution
- Logarithmic and Exponential Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Integration by Parts
- Trigonometric Integrals
- Trigonometric Substitution
- Hyperbolic Trig Functions
- L’Hopital’s Rule
- Improper Integrals
- Applications of Integration
- Infinite Series
- Power Series and Taylor Series
- Others as time permits.