Hampden-Sydney College welcomes students of all faiths.
The mission of the Chaplain's Office is to encourage you to strengthen your own faith tradition, to enable you to ask tough questions in a safe environment, to explore the traditions of others, and to serve in ways that make our college, community, and world a better place.
- to connect students with the worship and work of local congregations. Many nearby congregations sponsor Sunday School classes and other college programs, and occasionally host lunches and dinners for students. What can we do to connect you with a congregational home while you are here at Hampden-Sydney? A directory of churches may be found on this website.
- to promote vital religious life and greater religious understanding on campus.
- to assist in developing the moral and ethical conscience of students as socially responsible citizens.
- to offer a listening ear to those seeking spiritual guidance. In fact, there are many people here at Hampden-Sydney who are eager to help and serve as resources for you.
College Presbyterian Church, on the campus of Hampden-Sydney College, welcomes you! You do not have to be affiliated with the College to attend; our congregation includes people from all over the area!
From the Pastor:
I want to welcome you to College Presbyterian Church in Hampden-Sydney. While officially organized in 1835, College Church represents a countinuing Presbyterian presence in this community for over two centuries. Our current building dates back to the early 1860's. The fellowship hall and classroom addition was completed in 2002.You will discover that College Church is a welcoming congregation that seeks to hold up the Reformed faith tradition in the 21st century. We are a diverse group of individual believers from the campus as well as from Farmville and the surrounding communities. Know that you would be warmly welcomed into the fellowship. We encourage you to join us for worship. You may even wish to involve yourself in the work and ministry of College Church. I invite you to do so!
Rev. M. Keith Leach
Ms. Shanna Agee
Ms. Patricia Townsend
Mr. Ralph Crawley
Please join us for these events:
- Worship Service Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
- Adult Sunday School Class begins 10:00 a.m.
- Choir practice (beginners welcome!)