The mission of Hampden-Sydney College has been, since stated by its founders in 1775,
"to form good men and good citizens in an atmosphere of sound learning."
2017 - 2018
For more than two centuries, Hampden-Sydney College has held true to the ideals of her founders,
educating leader after leader for country and Commonwealth,
all good men and good citizens formed in an atmosphere of sound learning.
- Regulations Governing Clubs & Organizations
- Student Government Constitution
- The Student Justice System
- The Appendices of the Student Justice System
Code of Conduct
- Appendix C: Substance Abuse
- Appendix D: College Alcohol Policy
- Appendix E: Implementation of the College Alcohol Policy
- Appendix F: Medical Amnesty Policy
- Appendix G: Sexual Misconduct
- Appendix H: Harassment and Discrimination Policy (Including Sexual Harassment)
- Appendix I: Housing Regulations
- Appendix J: The Use of Personal Vehicles for College Business
Appendix K: Firearms
- Appendix L: Dining Areas
- Appendix M: Notices and Signs
Appendix N: Overdrawn Funds
Appendix O: Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources
- Department of Public Safety and Police
- Regulations Governing Social Fraternities
- Important Notices
- Emergency Management Plan
- Emergency Contact Information
Hampden-Sydney College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Hampden-Sydney College.
STATEMENT OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT
Each student enrolled at Hampden-Sydney College has acknowledged that he will abide by the rules and policies promulgated within The Key. This handbook is intended to provide students with a practical guide to the policies and procedures of Hampden-Sydney College. It is required that all students will make use of this handbook, will become familiar with its contents, and will govern themselves therewith. The Key provides the structure by which the student body shall self-govern itself. However, because The Key is not intended to cover all topics or circumstances, Hampden‑Sydney College reserves the right to respond to specific situations in whatever manner it believes best suits the needs of the College. In the event of any conflict between information provided in this handbook and the Articles and Bylaws of the College, the Articles and Bylaws shall control.
OFFICIAL VERSION OF THE KEY
All policies governing student life reflected in such documents as “The Student Government Constitution,” “The Student Justice System,” and the “Interfraternity Council Statutes” are subject to review and amendment by the procedures outlined in these documents. Since this may occur between the publication of one Key and the next, the online version of The Key shall be the official version and should be used as the definitive reference. The Webmaster or Key administrator, upon posting changes to the “The Student Government Constitution” or “The Student Justice System,” will notify the student body.
The College employs your Hampden-Sydney College email account and post office box to communicate critical College information for which you are held responsible. You are expected to check each daily.
© 2017 Hampden-Sydney College