The College seeks qualified candidates for the following positions:
Head Men's Soccer Coach
Hampden-Sydney College, a private liberal arts institution with a commitment to excellence in undergraduate education, invites applications for Head Men's Soccer Coach. The successful candidate shall coordinate the overall soccer program to ensure the proper teaching and coaching of the sport within the policies of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) and Hampden-Sydney College; and shall supervise the program to include recruiting, budget management, practice and match preparation, team travel, facilities and the general welfare of student-athletes participating in men's soccer. Must serve on ODAC and College committees as appointed and attend all ODAC soccer meetings.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years previous experience. Experience coaching at intercollegiate level preferred. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Review of applications will begin January 13, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter with resume and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses) to: Hampden-Sydney College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 127, Hampden-Sydney, Virginia 23943 or firstname.lastname@example.org. H-SC is an EOE, M/F.
Head Athletic Trainer
Hampden-Sydney College is seeking a Head Athletic Trainer to organize and implement a sports medicine program which includes prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of all athletic injuries in the College community. Implement emergency action plans; organize and conduct pre-participation physicals for all athletics; evaluate athletic injuries; oversee two athletic training rooms; implement therapeutic exercise protocols.
Education Requirements: Master's degree in Sports Medicine. Certification by (or eligibility for) the National Athletic Trainers Board of Certification; Commonwealth of Virginia Board of Medicine; and First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
Review of applications will begin November 18, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Send resume to: Human Resources, Hampden-Sydney College, P.O. Box 127, Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943 or email@example.com. H-SC is an EOE, M/F.
Director of Human Resources
Hampden-Sydney College invites applications for the Director of Human Resources. This position is responsible for:
• understanding and complying with the mission of the College and all aspects of human resources including recruitment, classification & compensation management, performance evaluation, records retention, placement,
promotion, payroll, benefits, and other related functions;
• developing, abiding by, enforcing, and maintaining College policies, procedures and practices by which the College complies with federal, state and local legislation;
• enhancing and maintaining quality of work life environment;
• overseeing all US immigration matters;
• the HR Director reports to the Vice President of Business Affairs and Finance and supervises a staff of three employees.
Candidate should possess:
• understanding of human resource management;
• understanding of and experience with benefits administration and legal matters related to human resource administration;
• ability to use institutional database to create and manage employee and financial information;
• understanding of financial aspects of HR management and ability to work knowledgeably and effectively with the Vice President in budget management and reporting and audit functions;
• proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
• provide leadership on human resources issues to the President and senior administrators;
• ability to interact with employees in a confidential, respectful, fair, and helpful manner that builds mutual trust; strong verbal and written communication skills;
• ability to exercise independent judgment in applying and interpreting human resource policies;
• a high level of reliability and follow-through;
• initiative, sound judgment and ability to set priorities;
• thorough knowledge of best practices in diversity and inclusion;
• capability to lead in an environment of constant change;
• exhibit highest ethical standards, including respect for and practice of confidentiality.
• Bachelor's degree required;
• Master's Degree in HR, business or relevant discipline is preferred;
• 5-7 years previous experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• a solid familiarity with human resources-related laws and compliance issues, strong organizational and problem solving skills, high attention to detail and a record of accomplishment in HR leadership;
• demonstrated technical knowledge and skills relevant to human resources administration in higher education and its relationship to the community;
• demonstrated ability to manage and develop a professional team while providing hands-on implementation and leadership to create a culture of customer service;
Review of applications will begin November 4, 2016 and continue until the position is filled. Send application or resume to: Human Resources, Hampden-Sydney College, PO Box 127, Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943 or firstname.lastname@example.org. HSC is an EOE, M/F.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Hampden-Sydney College.
Hampden-Sydney College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
2016 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
updated September 30, 2016
Hampden-Sydney College is committed to assisting all members of the H-SC community in providing for their own safety and security. If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you may stop by the Office of Public Safety and Police, Five Forks Road, Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943 or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 434-223-6164.
The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, campus security law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by H-SC; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by Hampden-Sydney College Office of Public Safety and Police.