Hampden-Sydney is striving for the 2021-22 academic year to be as normal as possible. We will continue to seek and follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, Governor Northam, and other regulatory agencies.
Current Mask Policy: Given high transmission levels in Prince Edward County, all individuals – both vaccinated and unvaccinated – are currently required to wear masks inside campus buildings when others are nearby. This is in accordance with the CDC’s July 28 recommendation regarding masking in areas with substantial or high levels of community transmission. This policy is subject to change as conditions evolve.
H-SC COVID-19 Guidelines, Academic Year 2021-22:
- COVID-19 vaccination is encouraged but not required.
- Those who are not yet fully vaccinated will be required to wear masks indoors, in class, and when in close proximity to others, as well as observe social distancing guidlines, throughout the semester.
- Conditions and transmission rates in the local area may at times necessitate a universal masking requirement for all students and employees, regardless of vaccination status.
- Students who are unvaccinated must undergo mandatory weekly testing.
- The Student Health Center will continue to require mask-wearing for all visitors.
- Individuals who contract or are exposed to COVID-19 will be expected to isolate or quarantine at home.
- The College does not plan to offer remote learning options.
- NCAA guidelines remain the same as last year for unvaccinated student-athletes.
- Students must be fully vaccinated to participate in intramural or club sports.
- The TigeRec Fitness Center is following NCAA guidance regarding masking for those exercising inside the facility and Kirby Gymnasium: Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals, and strongly recommended for those who are vaccinated.
- The College will be open to visitors. Those who are not vaccinated must wear a mask and maintain social distance when indoors or in close proximity to others (unless universal masking is in effect, in which case all may be required to wear masks indoors around others).
For more information, please visit the Fall 2021 Opening Information page.
Please document your vaccination status here: