U.S. News & World Report and Forbes name H-SC one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. It is considered a best value college for its return on investment, our alumni network ranks 2nd in the nation, says The Princeton Review, and The Wall Street Journal has ranked us among the top 10 for career preparation.
The College’s required Rhetoric Program provides Olympic-level training in writing and speech, and the interdisciplinary Core Cultures program ensures students learn about the past from both a Western and a global cultures perspective.The Princeton Review
The Princeton Review
- names H-SC a Best Value College offering a superb education with excellent career preparation at an affordable price
- ranks H-SC #14 for Best Schools for Internships
- ranks Hampden-Sydney’s Bortz Library the 5th Best College Library
- gives professors an accessibility rating of 96 according to student surveys
- ranks H-SC among the top 25 Best Schools for Making an Impact in community service, student government, and student engagement
What Students Say...
In their Princeton Review survey responses, H-SC students note that
- the student body is “a brotherhood rather than a group of peers.”
- H-SC professors are “nothing short of excellent.”
- the College “excels in imparting upon its students the ability to think critically.”
- if a student “is willing to accept a challenging road, he will be rewarded.”
- "you will not get an education like this anywhere else."
- Hampden-Sydney College is “really is unlike any other school out there and any student here will back that up.”
US News & World Report
- names H-SC a Best Value School
- ranks H-SC #100 nationally among liberal arts colleges/universities and #57 in the South
- ranks H-SC among top colleges and universities: in the top 16% nationwide, and the top 18% in Virginia
- ranks H-SC among the top 29% colleges for your money nationwide
The Wall Street Journal
- has ranked Hampden-Sydney among top colleges and universities with high marks in Outcomes, Engagement, Return on Investment, and Career Preparation