Role of the Title IX Coordinator and Title IX Deputy Coordinators
- To accept and respond to reports of harassment, discrimination, and sexual misconduct (including third party reports).
- To determine appropriate interim measures for a complainant upon learning of a report or complaint of sexual violence.
- To take interim measures to protect the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff.
- To conduct Title IX investigations, including investigating facts relevant to a complaint, and determining appropriate sanctions against the perpetrator and remedies for the complainant.
- To provide information about rights and responsibilities, including options to file a formal complaint, pursue criminal or civil actions, and find resources, including support services.
- To ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place for working with local law enforcement and coordinating services with local victim advocacy organizations and service providers, including rape crisis centers.
- To educate students, faculty, and staff on the College's Title IX policies and procedures.
- To ensure training is administered to students, faculty, and staff on the College's Title IX program and issues.
- To meet with students as needed.