The Office of Institutional Effectiveness reports to the Provost and Dean of Faculty. This office is responsible for:
- a comprehensive institutional effectiveness program, which includes serving as the institution's central warehouse for SACS-COC accreditation;
- the systematic collection and evaluation of longitudinal data related to the College's long-range plan;
- oversight of the academic and administrative assessment program to provide data to inform institutional decisions; and
- to collect, analyze, and report precise and reliable data to state and federal agencies, publications, and campus constituents on behalf of the College to allow the College to be more effective in achieving its objectives by providing a framework for articulating and evaluating its goals.
The key stakeholders for the services of this office are:
- the College President;
- the Provost and Dean of Faculty;
- the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia;
- the Vice Presidents of the College; and
- the Deans of the institution.
Our vision in Institutional Effectiveness is to help the College:
- be data informed, not data driven.
- share what we have discovered, and highlight our endeavors to clearly articulate the institution's issues and communicate them with data-informed stories.
- build a culture of evidence through efforts to centralize data.
- engage and empower our campus community.
If you have a question about the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, please contact the Dean of the Faculty
*NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these .PDF files. It is free and downloadable from the Adobe web site.
Fact Books (password protected)
Common Data Sets
- 2016-17 Commmon Data Set
- 2015-16 Common Data Set
- 2014-15 Common Data Set
- 2013-14 Common Data Set
- 2010-11 Common Data Set
- Fall 2009 Common Data Set
- Fall 2008 Common Data Set
NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement) Data
Departmental Review Templates
- Academic Review Handbook
- Visit Reports
- External Review Report
- Response to External Review Report
- Plan of Action
AIR - Association of Institutional Research (AIR Code of Ethics)
SAIR - Southern Association of Institutional Research
VAMAP - Virginia Association for Management Analysis and Planning
VAG - Virginia Assessment Group
VERA - Virginia Educational Research Association
External Reports of Interest
"Great Jobs, Great Lives" the 2014 Gaullup-Purdue Index Report