Travel and Accommodations
If you haven't already, please make your travel arrangements now. The Visit H-SC page will help you find accommodations, dining, and local attractions.Visit H-SC
Announcements can be ordered on the Balfour website. Simply enter your location and school, and choose your preference. In addition to formal announcements, you may choose to order personalized stationary, thank you notes, and other printed items.Balfour Announcements
Seniors will receive their regalia during the Senior Fair on April 13, 2023. Hampden-Sydney College provides cap, tassel and gown for every graduate. There is no preorder necessary.
Questions about regalia should be addressed with the Office of College Events via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to Commencement, cap, tassel, and gown will be worn at Final Convocation on Thursday, April 27th.
Traffic And Parking Information
Parking will be directed by Campus Police and event staff.
Accessible Parking And Special Services
The College will provide golf carts to transport guests with mobility disabilities or health issues to the Commencement Day ceremony, reception, and parking areas.
Upon arrival, you may request accessible parking for those with mobility disabilities.
ASL services available by request to: email@example.comHampden-Sydney Campus Map
Annual Pronouncement Of Weather: "...And there shall be no rain."
Commencement 2023 will be held outdoors on the Venable Lawn.
However, if we do have an accidental shower that does not stop, the rain locations are as follows:
- Baccalaureate Service: Kirby Field House
- Senior Reception: Snyder Hall, Kirk Athletic Center
- Commencement Ceremony: Kirby Field House
- Commencement Reception: Snyder Hall, Kirk Athletic Center
Please monitor the College website andstudent email Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning for updates in case of inclement weather.
The College will have photographers on hand to capture the diploma hand-off on stage and a celebratory photo of your graduate as he leaves the stage. The College agrees to provide digital copies of these photos to you for a set price of $50. For more information or to register, please visit this link: https://secure4.hsc.edu/formsevents/view.php?id=129826. Please note that this is a slight adjustment to the previous process, and you will not need to go through an outside vendor to obtain these photos.
- Memories Videography provides a professionally edited video keepsake of the event in digital, DVD or Blu-ray format. The final product includes footage you won’t find anywhere else.
We hope that you’ll make use of their services and allow yourself to enjoy the day “in the moment.”
The College provides a livestream of the Commencement ceremony online at no cost. The ceremony can only be viewed while it is in progress. To request access to the livestream, please complete the online form. Please note that requests must be submitted by noon on Friday, May 12, 2023 and that the livestream is password protected.Livestream Access Request Form
Obligations of Seniors
Students must have all financial obligations settled with the College before they may receive their diploma or have transcripts released. Please contact the Business Office at (434) 223-6223 if you have any questions regarding financial obligations.
Room Check-Out and Key Return
- Check-out: Office of Residence Life, Brown Student Center
- Rooms must be clean, free of debris and personal property
- Students will be charged for the cost of any debris removal or damages
- Failure to complete check-out process results in fines of up to $50
- Saturday, May 13, 2023: all college-owned student residences will be closed, locked, and vacated by 4:00 p.m.
- Keys must be returned to Facilities Management by 4:00 p.m.
- Housing questions should be addressed by contacting Dean Schrader at firstname.lastname@example.org