Hampden-Sydney is striving for the 2021-22 academic year to be as normal as possible. We will continue to seek and follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the Virginia Department of Health, and other regulatory agencies.
Current Mask Policy: Masking is optional in public areas of academic and campus buildings. However, faculty and staff members may determine the masking requirements for their individual classrooms, offices, and work spaces.
H-SC COVID-19 Guidelines, Academic Year 2021-22:
- COVID-19 vaccination is encouraged but not required. The combination of vaccine and booster shots continues to be the best measure for preventing infection and reducing the impact and severity of the COVID-19 virus.
- Students who have not provided proof of vaccination may be asked to undergo mandatory weekly testing.
- The Student Health Center will require mask-wearing for all visitors.
- Individuals who contract or are exposed to COVID-19 will be expected to isolate or quarantine at home.
- The College does not plan to offer remote learning options.
- NCAA guidelines remain the same as last year for unvaccinated student-athletes.
- The TigeRec Fitness Center is following NCAA guidance regarding masking for those exercising inside the facility and Kirby Gymnasium: Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals, and strongly recommended for those who are vaccinated.
- The College is open to visitors.
Please document your vaccination and booster status here: