2023 May Term Abroad Faculty-Led Programs are currently being organized.
- OCT -- Pricing for the below programs announced
- DEC 1 -- Application links will be available on this page
- JAN 15 -- Funding applications due.
Matriculated H-SC students only are eligible to apply; applicants will normally be notified of their awarding status by January 25 via campus email.
- FEB 1 -- Program application and $500 deposit due
Please be aware, College policy prohibits running programs whose location has a U.S. State Department Travel Advisory of Level 3 or higher and/or a Level 3 CDC Travel Health Notice. The programs below are currently being organized and will be reviewed again in early 2023.
Please note: all program participants are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19; proof of vaccination will be confirmed during the application process.
This page was updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2023.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing (2.0 or higher GPA) when applications are vetted.
- The Dean of Students reviews the disciplinary records of all applicants. Students may apply while currently under probation, as long as their sanctions will be completed before their program begins. Students with problematic disciplinary histories might not be approved, whether they are currently on probation or not. Students placed on disciplinary probation after being approved or who have not completed all imposed sanctions prior to departure may have that approval revoked.
- Certain programs are open to students who are currently enrolled at other colleges and universities.
The $500 deposit is due on February 1 and can be paid in two ways:
- By CashNet: Select this option when completing the online application which will take you to the CashNet page.
- By Check: Make check payable to Hampden-Sydney College, add the program's name on the memo line and deliver or mail to the Hampden-Sydney Business Office (Box 127, Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943).
Please be aware that a completed application form and payment of a $500 deposit constitute an agreement by the student to participate fully in the program and an obligation to pay all program fees. The Office of Global Education and Study Abroad has the authorization to begin making payments to airlines, hotels, and other service providers on the student's behalf from the date of the deposit. For more information, see the Cancellation and Refund Policy below.