Federal Pell Grant Program
- Awarded to eligible students pursuing first baccalaureate or professional degree and certain students enrolled in post-baccalaureate teacher certification or licensing programs
- Annual award amounts 2022-2023 academic year
- $650 minimum
- $6,895 maximum
- Actual award amount based on Cost of Attendance, Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculated from the FAFSA, and enrollment status
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Eligible Students
- Undergraduates pursuing first baccalaureate or professional degree
- Awarded first to students with exceptional financial need (i.e., students with the lowest EFCs at that school)
- Priority to Federal Pell Grant recipients; due to limited funding provided to Hampden-Sydney, all FSEOG funds are limited to Federal Pell Grant recipients with an EFC of no more than $2,500, except in special circumstances.
- Annual award amounts
- $100 minimum
- $4,000 federal maximum; due to limited funding provided to Hampden-Sydney, maximum amount awarded is $1,500
Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds
For information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act grants to students, please visit our CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
For information on the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) grants to students, please visit our CRRSAA Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
For information on the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP Act) grants to students, please visit our ARP Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant (VTAG)
- 2021-2022 estimated award = $4,000
- Priority filing date to apply is July 31
- Available to bonafide Virginia residents attending a private college in Virginia
- Not based on need
- Renewable for a maximum of eight semesters
- One-time application required
- Application provided by Financial Aid to deposited freshmen and transfers
- TAG application (pdf)
- Students and parents may be required to provide proof of residency
- Not currently subject to satisfactory academic progress requirements